[public] פרגמנט על צורות ריבוי באנגלית

Hagar Shilo strayblues at gmail.com
Tue May 18 15:03:30 PDT 2010

מתוך שיחה לא רצינית במיוחד שהתקיימה באוקטובר הרחוק, הרחוק.

Tamir: you know what plurals don't make sense?
  Tamir: moose -> moose
  goose -> geese
  mongoose -> mongooses
 me: :)
10:15 PM Tamir: it's ridiculous o_0
 me: mongeese
 Tamir: nuuuu
  okay!
  i'm gonna call this airline thingamajig
 me: meese
 Tamir: so i'm gone for a minute
  meese = <3
  (that's Euler's famous tenth equation")
10:16 PM me: i think meese should be the plural of moose
10:17 PM Tamir: no, it should be the plural of mice
 me: you can't pluralize mice, there would be too many
 Tamir: perfect!
  they shall take over the world!
  this airline is so not helpful
 me: mices is enough in my opinion
 Tamir: hehe
10:18 PM mouse -> mise -> meese -> mices -> meeses -> miceameesamoosa
  *mice
 me: house - hice?
10:19 PM Tamir: blouse -> blice?
  smurf -> smurves?
 me: I think we're on to something here
 Tamir: yup
10:20 PM AUGH
  WHY CAN I NOT TALK TO A PERSON WHO WORKS FOR THIS AIRLINE?
 me: i think it's only hice and blice if it's exactly two. as in twice.
 Tamir: and if it's more than two, it's obviously hices or blices
10:21 PM me: right
 Tamir: i take back my liking of continental
 me: wait, no. hices and blices is when the number of things id even
 Tamir: ohhhh
10:22 PM and if it's odd?
 me: houses
  that form has to have a use too
 Tamir: hokey
  i can live with that
10:23 PM me: you don't have to. in america they have suicide booths.
 Tamir: that's a lye!
 me: what's a lye?
10:24 PM Tamir: the singular of lyes?
 me: ooh, the even plural of lie is lice